The other night I had the best tasting & healthy dinner at the same time. My kids even loved it (for the most part). I got many complements from the whole family! I got this recipe from Mommy Hates Cooking. I did make some minor adjustments to appeal to my families taste buds.
I’m cooking for 8, so keep that in mind if cooking for smaller (or larger) families. My sweet potatoes came out a little mushy, but they sure tasted good!
- 2 Lbs Thin Cut Steak
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Cups Fresh Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- [Prep] - Slice steak into small (bite-size) pieces, chop sweet potatoes into small chunks, wash & snap green beans.
- In medium sized pot on medium heat, cover the bottom with olive oil.
- Place steak in the pot, sprinkle garlic salt & smoked paprika to taste, and cook until well done. Remove steak and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak the grease.
- Place sweet potatoes in the pot and pour a little olive oil and smoked paprika. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often so they won't stick or burn.
- Add the green beans and a little more olive oil and garlic salt. Cook about 15 more minutes or until veggies are soft.
- When veggies are done, toss steak in pot and mix.
- Cooking times may take less or more time depending on your cooking environment, so be sure and check food often.