I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The last week and a half, my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, and I got another year older! It’s been eventful here lately.
Jello salads are very popular for Thanksgiving and other feasts. I’m not a fan of jello salad though – I can’t stand the texture. For those of you like me, I have a great alternative for you. I call it Pistachio Pudding Salad, but it’s proper name is Watergate Salad. It’s one of my favorite dessert dishes to make. It’s very easy to make and extremely delicious to eat!
I doubled the recipe, to make enough for everyone on Thanksgiving. Here’s how it’s made:
Pour the pineapple, with juice, in a large bowl.
Pour the pistachio pudding mix on the pineapple.
Mix the pineapple and pudding mix and it should look like this.
Add marshmallows to the mix.
Stir marshmallows into mixture.
Top off the salad with thawed cool whip.
Thoroughly mix cool whip through the mixture.
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup cool whip, thawed
- Combine pineapple, pudding mix, marshmallows, and walnuts or pecans.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- If you're making this for a large group, you can double the recipe (like I did)!